RP Brothers TV Channel

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Should a website or blog wait 6 months before using or applying for AdSense?


Google does not talk about the 6-months requirement anywhere in the policies. However, one of the help topics vaguely mention that publishers from India and China should wait for 6-months before they can apply [or, use ?] AdSense. There is no definite answer on which countries fall under this category. There is strong demand from top AdSense community to enforce this rule for all countries, which make perfect sense. No website can earn much traffic before it reach 6-months life in the web and the AdSense is not going to bring any reward for them in the site without traffic. So, why can’t webmasters wait for 6 months? Also, strictly enforcing the 6 months requirement will turn away a huge number of fraud applicants. Of course this will affect few big publishers who start new business, change domain name etc, but they always have the option to reach their AdSense account managers and get special approval. Google is not very clear on whether existing AdSense accounts can be used on new sites. I have used my AdSense on my new sites without knowing the new requirement but did not have any problems, but my friends have lost their AdSense accounts for doing the same. So, if you create a new site, just wait patiently for 6 months before you use AdSense there. After having burnt my fingers, I usually wait until my new site reach 6 months + minimum 1000 page views per day before I use my AdSense account on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

rp brothers ad1